Search Discussions
 
more options

Maxis Forum Login
 
Email address
Password
Forgot your Password?

New User?
Don't have a Maxis Forum Account yet?
Sign up now to login.

Hot Topics
   
24/04/2014 Coverage in Malaysia : Unstable Signal
24/04/2014 Mobile Plans : How to turn off voicemail?
24/04/2014 Mobile Plans : international sms receiving problem
   

Top Users
   
Norafizah (7689)
Chandru (7064)
Ashley (7017)
Zatul Ifa (5639)
Firdaus Merican (5376)
Elle (5228)
Zairie (5078)
Tharsani (4979)
M.Avis (4944)
Emmi (4897)
   

Maxis Forum Home > Home Broadband > Maxis Home Fiber Internet
 
Topic: pre-sales questions
 
Back to Topic List
         
 
...
  First Prev 1 2345678910 Next Last
 
davidlee
Level 0
Posted: 20 May, 2012 :  12:39:08 AM
 
already checked and i am in coverage. just some pre-sales question before i comit.

1. my condo is already wired for unifi. how long does it take to install from date of apply to install? (currently not unifi subscriber)

2. currently assigned to a phone number with 03 prefix.
if install maxis fibre, i will be assigned another 012 number? can i keep my existing number?

3. the 100gb quota. does it include upload? When will be the quota be implemented?

4. is is possible to suspend service for 1 or 2 weeks?

5. what is the cpe device provided? possible to use my own VDSL device?

6. rm118 promo till when? or this is the permanent price?

7. what's the promo for 30mbps?

8. whats the installation price for condos (already pre-wired everything. just swap at junction box also rm 200?)

9. is is possible to terminate the contract if maxis does not perform? i.e. speed not up to advertised, frequent disconnection etc.

10 whats the difference between subscribing with online, walkin center and resellers?
thanks and hope to subscribe soon.
 
Firdaus Merican
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 20 May, 2012 :  5:46:46 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by davidlee

already checked and i am in coverage. just some pre-sales question before i comit.

1. my condo is already wired for unifi. how long does it take to install from date of apply to install? (currently not unifi subscriber)

2. currently assigned to a phone number with 03 prefix.
if install maxis fibre, i will be assigned another 012 number? can i keep my existing number?

3. the 100gb quota. does it include upload? When will be the quota be implemented?

4. is is possible to suspend service for 1 or 2 weeks?

5. what is the cpe device provided? possible to use my own VDSL device?

6. rm118 promo till when? or this is the permanent price?

7. what's the promo for 30mbps?

8. whats the installation price for condos (already pre-wired everything. just swap at junction box also rm 200?)

9. is is possible to terminate the contract if maxis does not perform? i.e. speed not up to advertised, frequent disconnection etc.

10 whats the difference between subscribing with online, walkin center and resellers?
thanks and hope to subscribe soon.




Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1. You will receive a call from us within 48 hours after registration to confirm the installation date & time.

2. You will not be able to keep your fixed line number

3. The quota include upload and we unable to advice when the quota will be implemented.

4. Yes you can suspend but will be charge RM10 for reconnection fee.

5. We provide ONT and RGW device. We will not be able to provide the same assurance with other device.

6. The promo is ongoing until further notice.

7. At this juncture, no promo for 30Mbps.

8. A fee of RM200 for installation will be charged to your 1st bill. However, RM200 fee is waived till 31st June 2012.

9. Any contract termination is subject to further review. Do note that should you face any problems with your service, you may contact our Customer Care Hotline at 1800 82 1123.

10. You will get hands-on assistance if you walk in to Maxis Centre for registration.

Hope the above explanation clarifies. Do contact us should you require further assistance. Thank you.
 
davidlee
Level 0
Posted: 20 May, 2012 :  10:44:48 PM
 
Hi Firdaus,

1. what is the typical time? weeks? months?
2. no number porting?
3. if maxis decide to implement the quota, how much is the billshock? (rm/kb?)
4. example, suspend for 15 days, so the bill is prorated at 50% + rm10 reconnection?
5. I am at condo so will be using VDSL. not fiber. What is the device provided for vdsl?
6. ok
7. ok
8. what other hidden fees can i expect?
9. ok
10. which maxis center has the most experienced in maxis home?

Thanks!


quote:
Originally posted by firdausmerican

quote:
Originally posted by davidlee

already checked and i am in coverage. just some pre-sales question before i comit.

1. my condo is already wired for unifi. how long does it take to install from date of apply to install? (currently not unifi subscriber)

2. currently assigned to a phone number with 03 prefix.
if install maxis fibre, i will be assigned another 012 number? can i keep my existing number?

3. the 100gb quota. does it include upload? When will be the quota be implemented?

4. is is possible to suspend service for 1 or 2 weeks?

5. what is the cpe device provided? possible to use my own VDSL device?

6. rm118 promo till when? or this is the permanent price?

7. what's the promo for 30mbps?

8. whats the installation price for condos (already pre-wired everything. just swap at junction box also rm 200?)

9. is is possible to terminate the contract if maxis does not perform? i.e. speed not up to advertised, frequent disconnection etc.

10 whats the difference between subscribing with online, walkin center and resellers?
thanks and hope to subscribe soon.




Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1. You will receive a call from us within 48 hours after registration to confirm the installation date & time.

2. You will not be able to keep your fixed line number

3. The quota include upload and we unable to advice when the quota will be implemented.

4. Yes you can suspend but will be charge RM10 for reconnection fee.

5. We provide ONT and RGW device. We will not be able to provide the same assurance with other device.

6. The promo is ongoing until further notice.

7. At this juncture, no promo for 30Mbps.

8. A fee of RM200 for installation will be charged to your 1st bill. However, RM200 fee is waived till 31st June 2012.

9. Any contract termination is subject to further review. Do note that should you face any problems with your service, you may contact our Customer Care Hotline at 1800 82 1123.

10. You will get hands-on assistance if you walk in to Maxis Centre for registration.

Hope the above explanation clarifies. Do contact us should you require further assistance. Thank you.

 
Azizi
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 20 May, 2012 :  11:39:22 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by davidlee
Hi Firdaus,

1. what is the typical time? weeks? months?
2. no number porting?
3. if maxis decide to implement the quota, how much is the billshock? (rm/kb?)
4. example, suspend for 15 days, so the bill is prorated at 50% + rm10 reconnection?
5. I am at condo so will be using VDSL. not fiber. What is the device provided for vdsl?
6. ok
7. ok
8. what other hidden fees can i expect?
9. ok
10. which maxis center has the most experienced in maxis home?

Thanks!




Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1.Upon filling out the registration of interest online you will be contacted within 7 working days. Only then will you be advised of the installation date.

2.There will be no number porting.

3.For now the usage is unlimited and you will notified in any rate changes.

4.Yes, it will be on prorated charges and you will be charge RM10 upon activation request.

5.You will be provided with ZTE ZXDSL 931DII. However you may confirm back with our installer upon the call confirmation.

8.We wish to inform there will be no hidden fees.

10.Please be advised that, only Maxis center have the specialist for the installation for Maxis Home.

Thank you
 
Saros
Level 0
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  12:33:17 PM
 
Hello, sorry to jump in but I also have some pre-sales questions and reckon it might help others more to consolidate answers.

Regarding #3 by davidlee: What if we do not agree to the rate changes? May we cancel the contract? As we have signed originally with the original terms, any changes to the contract should be agreed by both parties? If either party does not agree, they should be allowed to exit after giving notice?

Furthermore, this clause in the General T&C concerns me:
I. HOME FIBRE INTERNET
A. FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you.

I stream a lot in my home, how may we disable this? I do not want others to use my WiFi connection as it will affect my WiFi bandwidth for streaming to my PS3/TV . Please note I am not referring to internet bandwidth in any way.

If I am unable to disable this, how does this work? Does the modem contain a Maxis-only user that Maxis controls to provide the service? Who will configure and use my modem?

How else will Maxis "leverage" my WiFi modem to provide a hotspot service? Given that this forum's security certificate has not been renewed in months, I am concerned about security as well.

Thank you and regards,

Alvin


quote:
Originally posted by azizi
Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1.Upon filling out the registration of interest online you will be contacted within 7 working days. Only then will you be advised of the installation date.

2.There will be no number porting.

3.For now the usage is unlimited and you will notified in any rate changes.

4.Yes, it will be on prorated charges and you will be charge RM10 upon activation request.

5.You will be provided with ZTE ZXDSL 931DII. However you may confirm back with our installer upon the call confirmation.

8.We wish to inform there will be no hidden fees.

10.Please be advised that, only Maxis center have the specialist for the installation for Maxis Home.

Thank you

 
davidlee
Level 0
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  12:43:22 PM
 
Dear Azizi

thanks for the info.
1. what if they decide to inform me the installation date is 1 year later? or 10 years later. I just need to get an estimate/ sop
2. will i get a 012/ 015 or 03 number?
3. Should maxis decide to charge rm100/kb then, can I terminate the contract, citing breach of contract on maxis side?
sorry about this, but i got burned many times by billshockTM
5. this is a pretty normal vdsl2 modem. are the settings open for us to set? for example, port forwarding, type of security, etc.
hows the warranty of this device? 1 year/2 year?
8. can post a typical sample bill from month 0 till month 12?
sorry but no trust in maxis's transparency.
10. which maxis center has the real personnel who can deal with fiber and vdsl installations? for example, pyramid is banned for their efficiency (lack of)



quote:
Originally posted by azizi

quote:
Originally posted by davidlee
Hi Firdaus,

1. what is the typical time? weeks? months?
2. no number porting?
3. if maxis decide to implement the quota, how much is the billshock? (rm/kb?)
4. example, suspend for 15 days, so the bill is prorated at 50% + rm10 reconnection?
5. I am at condo so will be using VDSL. not fiber. What is the device provided for vdsl?
6. ok
7. ok
8. what other hidden fees can i expect?
9. ok
10. which maxis center has the most experienced in maxis home?

Thanks!




Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1.Upon filling out the registration of interest online you will be contacted within 7 working days. Only then will you be advised of the installation date.

2.There will be no number porting.

3.For now the usage is unlimited and you will notified in any rate changes.

4.Yes, it will be on prorated charges and you will be charge RM10 upon activation request.

5.You will be provided with ZTE ZXDSL 931DII. However you may confirm back with our installer upon the call confirmation.

8.We wish to inform there will be no hidden fees.

10.Please be advised that, only Maxis center have the specialist for the installation for Maxis Home.

Thank you

 
davidlee
Level 0
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  12:46:42 PM
 
Thanks Saros for putting this up.
can attach here the full t&c for me?
I have been requesting for the full t&c to scrutinise but the resellers refused. must subscribe then only can see the t&c

question is, if we can access the modem config, then no problem to switch it off right?

quote:
Originally posted by Saros

Hello, sorry to jump in but I also have some pre-sales questions and reckon it might help others more to consolidate answers.

Regarding #3 by davidlee: What if we do not agree to the rate changes? May we cancel the contract? As we have signed originally with the original terms, any changes to the contract should be agreed by both parties? If either party does not agree, they should be allowed to exit after giving notice?

Furthermore, this clause in the General T&C concerns me:
I. HOME FIBRE INTERNET
A. FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you.

I stream a lot in my home, how may we disable this? I do not want others to use my WiFi connection as it will affect my WiFi bandwidth for streaming to my PS3/TV . Please note I am not referring to internet bandwidth in any way.

If I am unable to disable this, how does this work? Does the modem contain a Maxis-only user that Maxis controls to provide the service? Who will configure and use my modem?

How else will Maxis "leverage" my WiFi modem to provide a hotspot service? Given that this forum's security certificate has not been renewed in months, I am concerned about security as well.

Thank you and regards,

Alvin


quote:
Originally posted by azizi
Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1.Upon filling out the registration of interest online you will be contacted within 7 working days. Only then will you be advised of the installation date.

2.There will be no number porting.

3.For now the usage is unlimited and you will notified in any rate changes.

4.Yes, it will be on prorated charges and you will be charge RM10 upon activation request.

5.You will be provided with ZTE ZXDSL 931DII. However you may confirm back with our installer upon the call confirmation.

8.We wish to inform there will be no hidden fees.

10.Please be advised that, only Maxis center have the specialist for the installation for Maxis Home.

Thank you



 
davidlee
Level 0
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  12:51:56 PM
 
Thanks Saros for putting this up.
can attach here the full t&c for me?
I have been requesting for the full t&c to scrutinise but the resellers refused. must subscribe then only can see the t&c
-edit-
found it http://www.maxis.com.my/home/pdf/home_internet_general_T&C.pdf

question is, if we can access the modem config, then no problem to switch it off right?

quote:
Originally posted by Saros

Hello, sorry to jump in but I also have some pre-sales questions and reckon it might help others more to consolidate answers.

Regarding #3 by davidlee: What if we do not agree to the rate changes? May we cancel the contract? As we have signed originally with the original terms, any changes to the contract should be agreed by both parties? If either party does not agree, they should be allowed to exit after giving notice?

Furthermore, this clause in the General T&C concerns me:
I. HOME FIBRE INTERNET
A. FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you.

I stream a lot in my home, how may we disable this? I do not want others to use my WiFi connection as it will affect my WiFi bandwidth for streaming to my PS3/TV . Please note I am not referring to internet bandwidth in any way.

If I am unable to disable this, how does this work? Does the modem contain a Maxis-only user that Maxis controls to provide the service? Who will configure and use my modem?

How else will Maxis "leverage" my WiFi modem to provide a hotspot service? Given that this forum's security certificate has not been renewed in months, I am concerned about security as well.

Thank you and regards,

Alvin


quote:
Originally posted by azizi
Hi davidlee,

Please find below the answer for your enquiry above:-

1.Upon filling out the registration of interest online you will be contacted within 7 working days. Only then will you be advised of the installation date.

2.There will be no number porting.

3.For now the usage is unlimited and you will notified in any rate changes.

4.Yes, it will be on prorated charges and you will be charge RM10 upon activation request.

5.You will be provided with ZTE ZXDSL 931DII. However you may confirm back with our installer upon the call confirmation.

8.We wish to inform there will be no hidden fees.

10.Please be advised that, only Maxis center have the specialist for the installation for Maxis Home.

Thank you



 
Saros
Level 0
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  3:58:44 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by davidlee

Thanks Saros for putting this up.
can attach here the full t&c for me?
I have been requesting for the full t&c to scrutinise but the resellers refused. must subscribe then only can see the t&c
-edit-
found it http://www.maxis.com.my/home/pdf/home_internet_general_T&C.pdf

question is, if we can access the modem config, then no problem to switch it off right?



Dear davidlee,

Apologies for the delayed reply. I should have posted up the link earlier.

There have been cases with UniFi where the modem has a hidden "Maintenance user" which UniFi used to remotely access the modem in order to provide support. This hidden account cannot be seen by the owner of the device, and has higher privileges than Administrator account. Unfortunately, there were some security issues with this system and many people switched to 3rd party routers.

I would prefer to use Maxis equipment, since it is included in our cost, but if I have no choice I may consider 3rd party equipment.

It is my hope that Maxis will not have this issue as well.
 
Zairie
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  6:30:24 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by Saros

Hello, sorry to jump in but I also have some pre-sales questions and reckon it might help others more to consolidate answers.

Regarding #3 by davidlee: What if we do not agree to the rate changes? May we cancel the contract? As we have signed originally with the original terms, any changes to the contract should be agreed by both parties? If either party does not agree, they should be allowed to exit after giving notice?

Furthermore, this clause in the General T&C concerns me:
I. HOME FIBRE INTERNET
A. FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you.

I stream a lot in my home, how may we disable this? I do not want others to use my WiFi connection as it will affect my WiFi bandwidth for streaming to my PS3/TV . Please note I am not referring to internet bandwidth in any way.

If I am unable to disable this, how does this work? Does the modem contain a Maxis-only user that Maxis controls to provide the service? Who will configure and use my modem?

How else will Maxis "leverage" my WiFi modem to provide a hotspot service? Given that this forum's security certificate has not been renewed in months, I am concerned about security as well.

Thank you and regards,

Alvin


Hi Saros,

Reference is made to the general terms and conditions section C:

C. IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS TO NOTE BEFORE SIGNING UP
FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
8. Speed of service is on best effort basis. Maxis reserves the right to reduce your speed should you exceed the stipulated data volume quota
9. This package comes with a 24-month contract. A penalty of the remaining months is applicable should you terminate the service before the end of the 24 months.


The actual data quota for 10Mbps package is 100GB, but currently no capping is implemented until further notice. Once it is implemented in the future, your speed will be throttled after the quota limit is reached. If you are agreeable with the terms once signed up, a penalty fee will be imposed should there be a breach of contract within the 24 months period.

The Maxis Hotspot service feature is not configurable by the user. This is only accessible by Maxis authorized TechnicalSupport-level user to provide the said service.

Thank you.
 
Zairie
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 21 May, 2012 :  7:25:55 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by davidlee

Dear Azizi

thanks for the info.
1. what if they decide to inform me the installation date is 1 year later? or 10 years later. I just need to get an estimate/ sop
2. will i get a 012/ 015 or 03 number?
3. Should maxis decide to charge rm100/kb then, can I terminate the contract, citing breach of contract on maxis side?
sorry about this, but i got burned many times by billshockTM
5. this is a pretty normal vdsl2 modem. are the settings open for us to set? for example, port forwarding, type of security, etc.
hows the warranty of this device? 1 year/2 year?
8. can post a typical sample bill from month 0 till month 12?
sorry but no trust in maxis's transparency.
10. which maxis center has the real personnel who can deal with fiber and vdsl installations? for example, pyramid is banned for their efficiency (lack of)


Hi davidlee,
  • 1. The estimation time is within 3 to 4 weeks after you have been contacted for the installation arrangement.

  • 2. If you reside in the Klang Valley area, the number will be with a 03 prefix and you will be given a new number. You are unable to retain your current number.

  • 3. Refer Section C in General Terms and Conditions :

    C. IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS TO NOTE BEFORE SIGNING UP
    FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
    8. Speed of service is on best effort basis. Maxis reserves the right to reduce your speed should you exceed the stipulated data volume quota
    9. This package comes with a 24-month contract. A penalty of the remaining months is applicable should you terminate the service before the end of the 24 months.


    The actual data quota for 10Mbps package is 100GB, but currently no capping is implemented until further notice. Once it is implemented in the future, your speed will be throttled after the quota limit is reached. If you are agreeable with the terms once signed up, a penalty fee will be imposed should there be a breach of contract within the 24 months period.

  • 5. The settings are non-configurable from user side. Only the Thomson TG784n router is configurable up to Administrator-level user access. The devices comes with a 12-month warranty

  • 8. You may find Maxis Bill Sample from the link http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/service/billexplained/index_new.asp There is no specifically available Maxis Home Fibre Internet service bill sample for 12 months, and other users bill statement are strictly private and confidential.

  • 10. You may refer with any Maxis Centre available around Klang Valley area e.g. KLCC or The Gardens

General Terms and Condition may be viewable via http://www.maxis.com.my/home/pdf/home_internet_general_T&C.pdf

Thank you.
 
 
...
  First Prev 1 2345678910 Next Last
 
 
Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.