M.Avis (4813)

Maxis Forum Home > Home Broadband > Maxis Home Fiber Internet

Topic: Unable to change private LAN IP DHCP pool

Back to Topic List

First Prev 1 2Next Last

ahkong
Level 0
Posted: 29 Jun, 2012 :  10:43:46 PM

All my network equipments are running under 10.x.x.x IP pool.
But since Thomson gateway is using 192.168.1.x, I would like to change it to 10.x.x.x but unsuccessful.

It is definitely not wise to reconfigure all my devices IP again as I can just reconfigure the Thomson LAN DHCP pool.
Kindly please advice how can I change the default IP DHCP pool to 10.x.x.x

By the way, I have tried login as Administrator and using the key behind the router. It was successful at first. But after I reset the Thomson router, I was not able to login using Administrator again.
Please advice.

Lastly, I have baby monitor to monitor my babies at home and I need to access from outside. How may I get the public IP?

Thanks.

--ahkong
Zairie
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 30 Jun, 2012 :  6:16:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahkong

But since Thomson gateway is using 192.168.1.x, I would like to change it to 10.x.x.x but unsuccessful.

It is definitely not wise to reconfigure all my devices IP again as I can just reconfigure the Thomson LAN DHCP pool.

By the way, I have tried login as Administrator and using the key behind the router. It was successful at first. But after I reset the Thomson router, I was not able to login using Administrator again.
Please advice.

Lastly, I have baby monitor to monitor my babies at home and I need to access from outside. How may I get the public IP?

Thanks.

Hi ahkong,

Allow us to assist on your enquiry concern. Kindly provide us with your Maxis Home Fibre Internet account number or the Modem ID number for our further assistance on your enquiry above.

Thank you.

ahkong
Level 0
Posted: 30 Jun, 2012 :  9:01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zairie

quote:

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hi ahkong,

Allow us to assist on your enquiry concern. Kindly provide us with your Maxis Home Fibre Internet account number or the Modem ID number for our further assistance on your enquiry above.

Thank you.

Good day,

my account number is 83938

not sure which one is modem ID but I just paste the system info here:

Product Name: TG784n
Serial Number: CP1124NT20U
Software Release: 8.4.3.I
Software Variant: AR
Boot Loader Version: 1.1.2
Product Code: 3667917A
Board Name: DANT-P

--ahkong
Zairie
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 01 Jul, 2012 :  5:24:07 PM

quote:

Good day,

Hi ahkong,

We appreciate on the information provided. Kindly allow us to review on your request and we will revert with you accordingly. For your reference, your case ID is C11468791.

Thank you.

ahkong
Level 0
Posted: 01 Jul, 2012 :  5:31:37 PM

quote:

quote:

Good day,

Hi ahkong,

We appreciate on the information provided. Kindly allow us to review on your request and we will revert with you accordingly. For your reference, your case ID is C11468791.

Thank you.

Great.

Thanks.

--ahkong
ahkong
Level 0
Posted: 04 Jul, 2012 :  12:20:19 PM

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good day,

Hi ahkong,

Thank you.

Great.

Thanks.

Any updates on changing the private LAN DHCP IP pool to another subnet?

--ahkong
Firdaus Merican
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 05 Jul, 2012 :  4:23:18 PM

quote:

Any updates on changing the private LAN DHCP IP pool to another subnet?

Hi ahkong,

We are regret to inform that you unable to change the default IP DHCP Pool to another subnet. It is because the router IP is already preset by our vendors to IP: 192.168.1.254. Thank you.

Y.H.Chua
Level 0
Posted: 24 Oct, 2012 :  03:38:04 AM

Why we can't do the simply setting for just change the getaway IP & the LAN DHCP pool?

My problem is same with AhKong, all my network equipments already set well pointing to old broadband modem gateway IP address, but now all my devices can't connect to the Maxis Thomson router. This made a lot problems & troubles to me for the devices to connecting the internet.
If i need change all my equipments setting, i need to request technical support from those devices vendor to do so. That's cost me the on-site technical charges.

As my info others Fiber ISP, they can change the gateway IP.

Please do advice me.

Thank you.

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 24 Oct, 2012 :  10:42:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Y.H.Chua

Why we can't do the simply setting for just change the getaway IP & the LAN DHCP pool?

My problem is same with AhKong, all my network equipments already set well pointing to old broadband modem gateway IP address, but now all my devices can't connect to the Maxis Thomson router. This made a lot problems & troubles to me for the devices to connecting the internet.
If i need change all my equipments setting, i need to request technical support from those devices vendor to do so. That's cost me the on-site technical charges.

As my info others Fiber ISP, they can change the gateway IP.

Please do advice me.

Thank you.

Hi Y.H.Chua

As per mentioned above, you will not be able to change the default IP DHCP Pool to another subnet. It is because the router IP is already preset by our vendors to IP: 192.168.1.254.

Thank you.

Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
Y.H.Chua
Level 0
Posted: 25 Oct, 2012 :  02:32:26 AM

[/quote]

Hi Y.H.Chua

As per mentioned above, you will not be able to change the default IP DHCP Pool to another subnet. It is because the router IP is already preset by our vendors to IP: 192.168.1.254.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Very disappointed & regret that i signed Maxis Home Fiber Internet plan.

Don Muktar
Level 0
Posted: 24 Mar, 2013 :  03:54:55 AM

try to refer here: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2439481/all

i have done it and it worked. just make sure you change all 192.168.1.254 to your intended gateway ip and also change the ip pool to your intended subnet (must follow your new gateway subnet)

First Prev 1 2Next Last

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.