more options

Maxis Forum Login

Email address
Password
Forgot your Password?

New User?
Don't have a Maxis Forum Account yet?

Hot Topics

17/04/2014 Customer Service : Hotlink Gift (No More?!)
17/04/2014 Mobile Internet - Data Usage/Charges : Astro-Maxis link problem
17/04/2014 Maxis Home Fiber Internet : Request for Public IP

Top Users

Norafizah (7597)
Ashley (7018)
Chandru (6986)
Zatul Ifa (5640)
Firdaus Merican (5234)
Elle (5168)
Zairie (5060)
Tharsani (4977)
Emmi (4878)
M.Avis (4813)

Maxis Forum Home > Customer Service > Customer Service

Topic: Ports blocking

Back to Topic List

First Prev 1 2345678910 Next Last

Joy
Level 0
Posted: 10 Sep, 2011 :  07:31:02 AM

Hello,
It's been verified by many including me and my friends that Maxis is not allowing PPTP and OpenVPN connections, somehow.

We tested with different network, using both Mac OS X and Windows. Only Maxis (3G broadband) disallows them, other ISPs established the connections just fine.

However the officials claim that no port blocking has been done.

Do we call that dishonest, or do you have some explanation ?

Another point to note; if P2P connections are throttled to the slowest speed possible on the planet, why does Maxis block torrent sites (for which I shall not mention) ? What is the point of blocking sites when the P2P (torrent) downloading isn't speedy at all? That restriction simply forbid users from getting information from these sites (who may want to us P2P elsewhere, say a different ISP)

eddie
Maxis Helper
Level 1
Posted: 10 Sep, 2011 :  11:41:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joy

Hello,
It's been verified by many including me and my friends that Maxis is not allowing PPTP and OpenVPN connections, somehow.

We tested with different network, using both Mac OS X and Windows. Only Maxis (3G broadband) disallows them, other ISPs established the connections just fine.

However the officials claim that no port blocking has been done.

Do we call that dishonest, or do you have some explanation ?

Another point to note; if P2P connections are throttled to the slowest speed possible on the planet, why does Maxis block torrent sites (for which I shall not mention) ? What is the point of blocking sites when the P2P (torrent) downloading isn't speedy at all? That restriction simply forbid users from getting information from these sites (who may want to us P2P elsewhere, say a different ISP)

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your concern. Allow us to assist you further by providing us 20 digit of your broadband SIM card number for further explanation.

Thank you.

Joy
Level 0
Posted: 11 Sep, 2011 :  4:26:03 PM

quote:

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your concern. Allow us to assist you further by providing us 20 digit of your broadband SIM card number for further explanation.

Thank you.

Here you go:
20digit code:
62663690 1 (1)

By the way, how's knowing my 20 digit code going to help answering this question in ANYWAY ? Can't you just tell us whether are you blocking it or why am I not able to use these services ?

Elle
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 11 Sep, 2011 :  11:04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joy

quote:

Hi Joy,

Thank you.

Here you go:
20digit code:
62663690 1 (1)

By the way, how's knowing my 20 digit code going to help answering this question in ANYWAY ? Can't you just tell us whether are you blocking it or why am I not able to use these services ?

Hi Joy,

We wish to share with you that we have privatised our IPs in an effort to provide better and secure services to our users. Due to this, the impact is that you will not be able to perform VPN.

To ensure all our users enjoy a quality browsing experience, we do not assure constant connectivity if you use 'peer to peer' or file sharing programs. This is in accordance with our Fair Usage Policy. To learn more, you may refer to http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/broadband/Fair_Usage.pdf

We hope the above clarifies,do let us know should you have any further concerns.

Thank you.

Joy
Level 0
Posted: 12 Sep, 2011 :  3:46:30 PM

Right, so you clarified that you block VPN ports.

In order to secure us you stop us from using VPN. How funny.

Then, I was talking about blocking torrent sites, not blocking P2P. So you have not answered why torrent sites are blocked. Since you have forbid P2P connections, why block torrent sites ?

Fendy
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 12 Sep, 2011 :  11:05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joy

Right, so you clarified that you block VPN ports.

In order to secure us you stop us from using VPN. How funny.

Then, I was talking about blocking torrent sites, not blocking P2P. So you have not answered why torrent sites are blocked. Since you have forbid P2P connections, why block torrent sites ?

Hi Joy,

For your information, there are certain torrents sites that have been blocked by SKMM as a this torrents site have breach Section 41 of the Copyright Act 1987. The implementation of blocking these torrents sites not only affects Maxis Broadband user but all internet user in Malaysia as well.

Hope the above explanation clarifies your enquiries.

Thank You

Maher Adib
Level 0
Posted: 13 Sep, 2011 :  12:33:01 PM

Hi Maxis,

This is nothing to do with privatised IP. Most of organization use private IP and NAT gateway to route to internet. In most cases like mine, I need to use VPN to access our corporate email, application servers etc. Same goes to remote users.

I've tried with other provider and it's working.

Hope you can allow the PPTP/IPsec/OpenVPN and those sort of VPN things.

idzzy
Level 0
Posted: 13 Sep, 2011 :  12:54:36 PM

Hi Maxis,

quote:
We wish to share with you that we have privatised our IPs in an effort to provide better and secure services to our users. Due to this, the impact is that you will not be able to perform VPN.

Its totally unacceptable to have the port block.Others ISP's are NOT blocking those PPTP/OpenVPN port and WHY by you???

On how the user want to access to their work job related remotely???

Rumesh
Maxis Helper
Level 1
Posted: 13 Sep, 2011 :  3:24:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Maher Adib

Hi Maxis,

This is nothing to do with privatised IP. Most of organization use private IP and NAT gateway to route to internet. In most cases like mine, I need to use VPN to access our corporate email, application servers etc. Same goes to remote users.

I've tried with other provider and it's working.

Hope you can allow the PPTP/IPsec/OpenVPN and those sort of VPN things.

Hi Maher Adib,

Should you need to access the IP for work, we may be able to assist you. Kindly advise us your 20 digit SIM card for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rumesh
Maxis Helper
Level 1
Posted: 13 Sep, 2011 :  3:36:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by idzzy

Hi Maxis,

quote:

Its totally unacceptable to have the port block.Others ISP's are NOT blocking those PPTP/OpenVPN port and WHY by you???

Hi idzzy,

We wish to let you know that the reason we have privatised our IPs is to provide a better and more secure services to our users. The impact is that you will not be able to perform VPN. However, we are pleased to inform you that should you need to access our IP for work related activities, we may be able to assist you. All you need to do is provide us with your 20 Digit SIM card number for further checking.

Thank you.

idzzy
Level 0
Posted: 14 Sep, 2011 :  08:55:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rumesh

quote:
Originally posted by idzzy

Hi Maxis,

quote:

Hi idzzy,

We wish to let you know that the reason we have privatised our IPs is to provide a better and more secure services to our users. The impact is that you will not be able to perform VPN. However, we are pleased to inform you that should you need to access our IP for work related activities, we may be able to assist you. All you need to do is provide us with your 20 Digit SIM card number for further checking.

Thank you.

My customer name is Norhafizah Binti Ahmad and she having problem to access her office vpn tunnel.

Here is her 20 digits 896001100375961967 7(7).

Kindly assist on this issue.

First Prev 1 2345678910 Next Last

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.