Email address
Password
Forgot your Password?

New User?
Don't have a Maxis Forum Account yet?

Hot Topics

17/04/2014 Monthly Broadband : Unable to register account
17/04/2014 Mobile Internet - Data Usage/Charges : contract duration
17/04/2014 Customer Service : Reactivate Line while being away oversea...

Top Users

Norafizah (7599)
Ashley (7018)
Chandru (6986)
Zatul Ifa (5640)
Firdaus Merican (5234)
Elle (5168)
Zairie (5060)
Tharsani (4977)
Emmi (4878)
M.Avis (4813)

Maxis Forum Home > Customer Service > Customer Service

Topic: Prepaid Broadband

Back to Topic List

GOM
Level 0
Posted: 25 Dec, 2012 :  8:51:20 PM

I visit Malaysia a couple of times per year, each time I purchase a prepaid mobile broadband SIM, Activate, and use it.
Each time I wish to "Top-up" the account, I have trouble:- I Go to a Hotlink outlet, ask for a top-up voucher, get told "You have to go to Maxis" to get it, Maxis the says "we do NOT have those, we only have the SIM cards for new accounts". This has been the case in Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.

Then someone in a Digi outlet overheard me asking the question and told me :- "you can get them at the 7-11"
Why couldn't a Maxis person tell me this?????

Then there is the fact that you HAVE to let the account EXPIRE (Losing any data credits) BEFORE you can top it up !!!!!

How stupid is that!!!

In Australia, I use a Telstra (prepaid) Mobile Broadband SIM, I can "top-up" this account, with data rollover, at any time PRIOR to account expiry.

Why can't you do that here ???????

In future I will be looking at using Digi on my next trip here, unless Maxis can "get it's act together" and be a little more "user/visitor" friendly, and be more forth coming, and allowing "top-up" prior to account expiry, and also allowing data rollover.

Fini
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 28 Dec, 2012 :  6:51:16 PM

[quote]Originally posted by GOM

I visit Malaysia a couple of times per year, each time I purchase a prepaid mobile broadband SIM, Activate, and use it.
Each time I wish to "Top-up" the account, I have trouble:- I Go to a Hotlink outlet, ask for a top-up voucher, get told "You have to go to Maxis" to get it, Maxis the says "we do NOT have those, we only have the SIM cards for new accounts". This has been the case in Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.

Then someone in a Digi outlet overheard me asking the question and told me :- "you can get them at the 7-11"

Then there is the fact that you HAVE to let the account EXPIRE (Losing any data credits) BEFORE you can top it up !!!!!

How stupid is that!!!

In Australia, I use a Telstra (prepaid) Mobile Broadband SIM, I can "top-up" this account, with data rollover, at any time PRIOR to account expiry.

In future I will be looking at using Digi on my next trip here, unless Maxis can "get it's act together" and be a little more "user/visitor" friendly, and be more forth coming, and allowing "top-up" prior to account expiry, and also allowing data rollover.

Hi GOM,

Kindly be advise there are expiry for both the simpack and SIM card. For the simpack, the expiry is printed behind the pack or box. For the SIM card, validity of 30 days will be given immediately. Subsequent top ups will give validity according to the amount of the top up. If the top validity date is shorter than the default 30 days, then the validity of 30 days overwrites the top validity. For example,sim is activated on 01/06/2012, whereby the sim default validity is until 30/06/2012. If on 05/06/2012, a top up of RM5 is perform which comes with a validity period of 5 days (which provides validity up to 10/06/2012), then a longer validity date of 30/06/2012 will be given.We hope this clarifies your concern. Alternatively you may refer to this link for information on our prepaid broadband http://www.hotlink.com.my/web/portal/hotlink/hotlinkpage?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/web/wcm/connect/Hotlink_Content_lib_en/Home_Site_en/Mobile_Services_SA_en/broadband_sa_en/broadband_faq_en_web

Thank you.

GOM
Level 0
Posted: 30 Dec, 2012 :  3:42:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GOM

How stupid is that!!!

The answer supplied just verifies the fact that the service is @#$% !!!. And not very user/visitor friendly, nor are the MAXIS Sales people !!

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 01 Jan, 2013 :  4:04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GOM

quote:
Originally posted by GOM

How stupid is that!!!

The answer supplied just verifies the fact that the service is @#$% !!!. And not very user/visitor friendly, nor are the MAXIS Sales people !!

Hi GOM,

We believe that we have answered your queries as per above. Should you require further assistance in regards to products related to Maxis/Hotlink do revert as we will be glad to be of service.

Thank you

Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.