Maxis Forum Login

Email address
Password
Forgot your Password?

New User?
Don't have a Maxis Forum Account yet?

Hot Topics

18/04/2014 Customer Service : unstable network coverage
18/04/2014 Customer Service : No cancel. of Monthly Quota Upgrade for ...
18/04/2014 Customer Service : No Service

Top Users

Norafizah (7605)
Ashley (7018)
Chandru (7010)
Zatul Ifa (5640)
Firdaus Merican (5278)
Elle (5168)
Zairie (5060)
Tharsani (4980)
Emmi (4884)
M.Avis (4849)

Maxis Forum Home > Wireless Broadband > Coverage Areas/Browsing Speed

Topic: 7.2 Mbps Home WiFi VS. 21 Mbps PortaFi

Back to Topic List

First Prev 1 23Next Last

cym917
Level 0
Posted: 07 Jan, 2013 :  1:46:19 PM

Previously I apply HOME WIRELESS INTERNET with 7.2 Mbps Home WiFi modem for free trial, to test the coverage at my area.
I satisfy with the browsing speed, browse the youtube without lag...
But when i switch to WIRELESS broadband with 21 Mbps PortaFi Modem, now even i browse the facebook also lag...
Why like this? I thought it is with faster speed? It is should not be the coverage issue anymore, right?

wkyoong
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 07 Jan, 2013 :  5:59:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cym917

Previously I apply HOME WIRELESS INTERNET with 7.2 Mbps Home WiFi modem for free trial, to test the coverage at my area.
But when i switch to WIRELESS broadband with 21 Mbps PortaFi Modem, now even i browse the facebook also lag...
Why like this? I thought it is with faster speed? It is should not be the coverage issue anymore, right?

Hi cym917,

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused due to this service shortcoming. With regards to this matter, you should be encountering such an issue. Allow us to further troubleshoot on this issue. Kindly leave us a 20 digit SIM card number should you be a Maxis subscriber or a contact number otherwise so that we can get in touch with you.

Thank you

cym917
Level 0
Posted: 07 Jan, 2013 :  6:23:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wkyoong

quote:

Hi cym917,

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused due to this service shortcoming. With regards to this matter, you should be encountering such an issue. Allow us to further troubleshoot on this issue. Kindly leave us a 20 digit SIM card number should you be a Maxis subscriber or a contact number otherwise so that we can get in touch with you.

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

My 20 digit SIM card is 896001111089625257 5 (1)
Thanks.

Norafizah
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 07 Jan, 2013 :  9:23:39 PM

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

Thanks.

Hi cym917,

Please allow us this opportunity to investigate on your concern pertaining to the broadband service. Kindly furnish us with the network readings (namely RSSI, RSCP, Ec/lo, Cell ID) which are obtainable from the Mobile Connect application.

Step 1: Click on Tools

Step 2: Select Diagnostics

Step 3: Click on Wan Status

Under WAN Status, user will be able to see the Network Readings

Further to the above, kindly furnish us with the following details:

1. Maxis Wireless Broadband Account number:

2. Exact location (please provide full address together with the available landmark/s):

3. Front view from the balcony (if applicable):

4. Which floor is your condominium unit? (if applicable):

5. Modem type:

6. Current connection status (GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA):

7. Signal strength:

8. Alternate contact number:

9. Please visit http://speedtest.maxis.com.my/page1.html and provide the speed test results

Thank you

cym917
Level 0
Posted: 10 Jan, 2013 :  10:26:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Norafizah

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

Thanks.

Hi cym917,

Please allow us this opportunity to investigate on your concern pertaining to the broadband service. Kindly furnish us with the network readings (namely RSSI, RSCP, Ec/lo, Cell ID) which are obtainable from the Mobile Connect application.

2. Exact location (please provide full address together with the available landmark/s):

5. Modem type:

7. Signal strength:

9. Please visit http://speedtest.maxis.com.my/page1.html and provide the speed test results

Thank you

Hi Norafizah,

Today i wish to connect by wifi and provide you the information as requested, but i fail connect by wifi, only can connect by usb.

so i only can provide info :

1. Maxis Wireless Broadband Account number: 896001111089625257 5 (1)

2. Exact location (please provide full address together with the available landmark/s): Apartment Bayu, No. 1, Jln PJU 10/4, Damansara Damai, 47830 PJ

4. Which floor is your condominium unit? (if applicable): 2nd Floor

5. Modem type: MF70

6. Current connection status (GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA):HSPA+

7. Signal strength: 2 bar

9. Download speed : 0.09 Mbps Upload speed : 0.05 Mbps

but i wish to connect by wifi...please help me to check any issue with my wifi, thanks.

p/s : i only connect at night time during 9 to 10pm..

cym917
Level 0
Posted: 13 Jan, 2013 :  2:47:17 PM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

Thanks.

Hi cym917,

5. Modem type:

7. Signal strength:

Thank you

Hi Norafizah,

Today i wish to connect by wifi and provide you the information as requested, but i fail connect by wifi, only can connect by usb.

2. Exact location (please provide full address together with the available landmark/s): Apartment Bayu, No. 1, Jln PJU 10/4, Damansara Damai, 47830 PJ

but i wish to connect by wifi...please help me to check any issue with my wifi, thanks.

what should i do next???
it have the poor wifi connection :-(
The wifi keep on disconnect...why???
7.2 Mbps Home WiFi modem is better than 21 Mbps PortaFi Modem????

cym917
Level 0
Posted: 15 Jan, 2013 :  09:32:58 AM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

Thanks.

Hi cym917,

5. Modem type:

7. Signal strength:

Thank you

Hi Norafizah,

what should i do next???

Can anyone response me???
if i continue have poor wifi connection, what for i apply for wifi package??

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 18 Jan, 2013 :  10:40:58 AM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

Thanks.

Hi cym917,

5. Modem type:

7. Signal strength:

Thank you

Hi Norafizah,

what should i do next???

Hi cym917

We have made attempts to contact you in regards to this, but was unsuccessful. Kindly advise a suitable time for us to call you back.

Thank you

Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
cym917
Level 0
Posted: 18 Jan, 2013 :  7:19:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hi wkyoong,

Thanks.

Hi cym917,

5. Modem type:

7. Signal strength:

Thank you

Hi Norafizah,

what should i do next???

Hi cym917

We have made attempts to contact you in regards to this, but was unsuccessful. Kindly advise a suitable time for us to call you back.

Thank you

Hi Ashley,

You may contact me anytime (except sunday).
May be the time you call, the line is engaged only.
Thanks.

Mat leng
Level 0
Posted: 19 Jan, 2013 :  5:13:29 PM

quote:

quote:

Hi cym917,

Thank you

Hyee..nak mtk tlg ajar macam mana nk setup brodband wifi...ape yg nk kna enabled..ape yg nk kna disabled..sbb pkai smggu koata 20GB dh hbs..ade org lain join internet sy..

Mat leng
Level 0
Posted: 19 Jan, 2013 :  5:15:56 PM

quote:

Nk mtk tlg ajar mcm mna nk setup brodband home wifi..nk thu ar yg ptt enabled dan disabled..tq

First Prev 1 23Next Last

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.