M.Avis (4895)
Emmi (4894)

Maxis Forum Home > Customer Service > Customer Service

Topic: Smartphone Protection Plan

Back to Topic List

William Ng
Level 0
Posted: 18 Jan, 2013 :  12:42:33 AM

Last month I have purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from your Selayang outlet and I opted for the smartphone protection program which I am paying MAXIS RM31/month. With it came a data protection plan which all I needed to do was download the McAfee App developed by Wavesecure and have my device registered to it. I soon found out that the app was only valid for a 7-day trial period and I am required to pay a sum of USD19.99 to enjoy its full benefit. When I called up Maxis Call Centre, both reps which I spoke to on separate occasion (I don't even wanna go there as to why I had to call twice) and they didn't know how this data protection plan works. Can't believe I had to explain to them about a program they were offering to me. It was until later that I was advised to send an email to mms@tecprotec.com.my giving them my name and number for them to verify and send me a license code to activate the app without additional charges. Had some trouble reaching them by email so I decided to call their hotline (which was provided wrongly by the first telephonist I spoke to). Well, the representative Nadia at Tecprotec first told me that she will ensure that the code were to be sent to my email within the hour. Guess what, I received an email from her requesting that I must first send in my particulars via email again to mms@tecprotec.com.my I was pretty annoyed as Nadia said she will handle it from there after my tele-conversation with her. Nevermind, I then did what she requested but it has been already 3 days with 3 separate email follow-ups from me to beg them for the code but til now there is still no reply. I have given tecprotec a deadline by tomorrow, can someone provide me with an email address of Maxis Customer Service so I can copy the next correspondence to the appropriate channel.

Regards,

William Ng

Fini
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 21 Jan, 2013 :  5:49:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by William Ng

Last month I have purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from your Selayang outlet and I opted for the smartphone protection program which I am paying MAXIS RM31/month. With it came a data protection plan which all I needed to do was download the McAfee App developed by Wavesecure and have my device registered to it. I soon found out that the app was only valid for a 7-day trial period and I am required to pay a sum of USD19.99 to enjoy its full benefit. When I called up Maxis Call Centre, both reps which I spoke to on separate occasion (I don't even wanna go there as to why I had to call twice) and they didn't know how this data protection plan works. Can't believe I had to explain to them about a program they were offering to me. It was until later that I was advised to send an email to mms@tecprotec.com.my giving them my name and number for them to verify and send me a license code to activate the app without additional charges. Had some trouble reaching them by email so I decided to call their hotline (which was provided wrongly by the first telephonist I spoke to). Well, the representative Nadia at Tecprotec first told me that she will ensure that the code were to be sent to my email within the hour. Guess what, I received an email from her requesting that I must first send in my particulars via email again to mms@tecprotec.com.my I was pretty annoyed as Nadia said she will handle it from there after my tele-conversation with her. Nevermind, I then did what she requested but it has been already 3 days with 3 separate email follow-ups from me to beg them for the code but til now there is still no reply. I have given tecprotec a deadline by tomorrow, can someone provide me with an email address of Maxis Customer Service so I can copy the next correspondence to the appropriate channel.

Regards,

William Ng

Hi William Ng,

You may email to us via this link http://www.maxis.com.my/help/feedback_consumer.asp or alternatively our email address would be customercare@maxis.com.my

Thank you.

William Ng
Level 0
Posted: 22 Jan, 2013 :  12:38:35 AM

Case closed. Tecprotec had somebody call me and settled d problem in hand last weekend. Am disappointed with d respond timing for both tecprotec and maxis on this matter.

Subben
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 24 Jan, 2013 :  7:10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by William Ng

Case closed. Tecprotec had somebody call me and settled d problem in hand last weekend. Am disappointed with d respond timing for both tecprotec and maxis on this matter.

Hi William Ng,

It's been a pleasure talking to you and we are glad that your issue has been resolved.

Kindly get in touch with us should you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.