Chandru (6992)
Zatul Ifa (5640)
Firdaus Merican (5278)
Elle (5168)
Zairie (5060)
Tharsani (4977)
Emmi (4878)
M.Avis (4815)

Maxis Forum Home > Rate Plans, Charges and Billing > Mobile Internet - Data Usage/Charges

Topic: Maxis change my unlimited plan to limited 30G

Back to Topic List

First Prev 1 234Next Last

kmchan
Level 0
Posted: 19 Jan, 2013 :  7:45:37 PM

maxis was limited my unlimited plan without any info!
Im signup this package is because of unlimited but not for 30G!!
And the coverage still not improve!
Plase help!

teoh9409
Level 1
Posted: 19 Jan, 2013 :  11:07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kmchan

Plase help!

any maxis helper here????? try to settle it....please!!! dun playplay

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 21 Jan, 2013 :  4:59:44 PM

quote:

Plase help!

Hi kmchan

We regret to inform you that all unlimited packages have a capping of 30GB moving forward. Should you require additional quota upon reaching 30GB, you may always purchase a Quota Upgrade.

Thank you

Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 21 Jan, 2013 :  5:02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by teoh9409

quote:

Plase help!

any maxis helper here????? try to settle it....please!!! dun playplay

Hi teoh9409

Please be informed that all unlimited packages have a capping of 30GB moving forward. Should you require additional quota upon reaching 30GB, you may always purchase a Quota Upgrade.

Thank you

Ben-G
Level 0
Posted: 21 Jan, 2013 :  5:13:17 PM

I am a multi-sim-one-line subscriber with unlimited data plan.

First, without informing me, Maxis decided to dis-allow sharing of data plan across the sim card. now, you cap the data limit.

so what if I exceed 30GB? you are gonna charge? or throttle?

what's next?

Ben-G

kmchan
Level 0
Posted: 21 Jan, 2013 :  8:09:11 PM

Hi Ashley
Why must i pay extra for excess 30GB?
As i mention earlier i sign up the package for 2 YEARs is because of unlimited of usage.
If maxis want to capped of 30GB i susggest cap it after my contract end than i can decide either i want to cut off the line or not.

Rgds

Eric_CCH
Level 0
Posted: 22 Jan, 2013 :  1:55:41 PM

I m a victim of maxis unlimited data plan RM99 too.

Maxis simply imposed a limited data plan without sending any notification to their customers and to me.

It seems like Maxis is the justice who can do whether it likes, there is no justice for consumer!

Fini
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 23 Jan, 2013 :  4:47:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben-G

First, without informing me, Maxis decided to dis-allow sharing of data plan across the sim card. now, you cap the data limit.

what's next?

Ben-G

Hi Ben-G,

We wish to clarify that customers are allowed to use up to 30GB currently based on the SMS notification they received under the FUP provision. However, Maxis reserves the right to cap the Fair Usage Policy at 6GB if the need arises to ensure all customers enjoy better browsing experience. However if by any chance you exceed you quota the speed will throttled down with no additional charges. In light with this, you may purchase additional quota pass if you wish to maintain the regular speed.

Thank you.

Huston
Level 0
Posted: 23 Jan, 2013 :  9:10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fini

quote:

what's next?

Ben-G

Hi Ben-G,

We wish to clarify that customers are allowed to use up to 30GB currently based on the SMS notification they received under the FUP provision. However, Maxis reserves the right to cap the Fair Usage Policy at 6GB if the need arises to ensure all customers enjoy better browsing experience. However if by any chance you exceed you quota the speed will throttled down with no additional charges. In light with this, you may purchase additional quota pass if you wish to maintain the regular speed.

Thank you.

good day Maxis Helper,

Can you please send me an address which I should write in to complain about you cheating us on the data capping matter?
I heard that I should refer to SKMM right?
I would appreciate much if you can provide me with the person incharge name and number, to speed up the process..

thank you.

rgds

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 24 Jan, 2013 :  2:43:14 PM

quote:

Hi Ashley
Why must i pay extra for excess 30GB?
As i mention earlier i sign up the package for 2 YEARs is because of unlimited of usage.
If maxis want to capped of 30GB i susggest cap it after my contract end than i can decide either i want to cut off the line or not.

Rgds

Hi kmchan,

Please be informed that no additional charge will incur when you exceed your quota. Your speed will be throttled to 64kBps.

Thank you

mel5582
Level 0
Posted: 25 Jan, 2013 :  11:14:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fini

quote:

what's next?

Ben-G

Hi Ben-G,

Thank you.

Well, clearly you haven't been with Maxis long enough to know the legacy plans we've signed up for. The FUP you mentioned, doesn't apply to legacy plans because, at the point of time (2007-2009 mind you) Maxis was promoting their Mobile Internet packages.. there were NO FUP stated in their pages. We just dialed into 123 to have it activated.. no b/w whatsoever. That aside, at that period of time.. Maxis CLEARLY separated the Mobile Internet plans from their Broadband plans. Even the FUP under T&C page is categorized under Broadband only. Please refer to the following links.. they were pulled from the Internet Web Archive (which caches all websites throughout the years) and they reflect your Maxis page back in 2008:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080215221304/http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/mobile/browse_search/index.asp

http://web.archive.org/web/20080211234513/http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/general/tnc_main.asp

Do you see any "Fair Usage Policy" stated anywhere on the promotional page? Where is the 6gb info? On T&C page, is FUP listed for "Mobile Internet" or was it "Broadband"?

When we called in to activate this, your previous staff/seniors never informed us on FUP or whatsoever. So before coming up and slap us in the face with FUP and T&C, please get your facts right. We're very displeased with your cut and paste scripts, not knowing what Maxis has been doing for long term existing customers.

Thanks.

First Prev 1 234Next Last

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.