Email address
Password
Forgot your Password?

New User?
Don't have a Maxis Forum Account yet?

Hot Topics

21/04/2014 Customer Service : Check no activation
21/04/2014 Content SMS/Spam : +881821616045 is so annoying
21/04/2014 Bridge DataRoam Unlimited : China data roaming,no 3G?

Top Users

Norafizah (7627)
Chandru (7042)
Ashley (7018)
Zatul Ifa (5640)
Firdaus Merican (5320)
Elle (5168)
Zairie (5060)
Tharsani (4980)
M.Avis (4895)
Emmi (4894)

Maxis Forum Home > Home Broadband > Maxis Home Fiber Internet

Topic: Maxis Fiber Issue (Maxis User Come to Comment)

Back to Topic List

hearyho
Level 0
Posted: 22 Jan, 2013 :  11:05:01 PM

Since day one I switch from TM Unifi to Maxis Fiber, following is the problem I found out. I believe a lot of Maxis User facing the same problem here. Hope we can gather and force Maxis give a good feedback to us.

Issue 1
The router modem TG784n v3 provide by Maxis is very bad. This router always get hang and need to reset again (inconvenience for someone who don't have good IT knowledge). It make a lot of people thinking to change their own wireless router.

p/s: If Maxis don't have money to provide customer a good router. Please don't do ISP business. Because you are wasting people time who convert from Unifi to Maxis Fiber and facing a lot issue.

Issue 2
Because of the Alcatel Modem is lock by TM, we cannot do any setting to it. Make the people who think to change their own router facing a lot of problem.

Yes, we can buy another router and flash it by using DD-WRT or Open-WRT firmware and connect Maxis to own router. By using this method the VOIP cannot use it. Why Maxis don't request TM set the VOIP setting directly into the Alcatel Modem. Or directly provide a VOIP phone which pre-configuration the SIP setting and we just attach to the Network.

p/s: This is very unfair to force customer can only use Maxis Router. If the equipment provide by maxis is good, we are very happy to use it and no need to waste money buy another router. But the thing is very [censored]. Make most of the user thinking to change it. The most funny is the Maxis Customer Service say not suggest user to change the TG784n to others because it will not stable to the connection.. Haha~ what the stupid feedback? Is because the thing you provide is [censored], so a lot user think to change.

Please don't reply say the TG784n no problem, in my second location which connect the Maxis fiber service direct from Alcatel modem to my firewall dial-up. Until now don't have any problem or hang and never try to restart my device once.

Issue 3
Connection very slow to some of the China website, last time before I terminate my Unifi. I try it by using two different ISP connection (TM & Maxis). The Unifi only 5Mbps but the response is faster than Maxis 30Mbps. Call to complain few time only get access to the website. What mean of 30Mbps use for? Just fast downloading? If user who need fast access to website and do information research?

p/s: Myself always doing online research and survey. I though change to 30Mbps will save more time to load the information page from China and Taiwan. But sometime it make me spend more time. Time is gold, WTF we spend more money get 30Mbps but take more time to work??

Issue 4
Some of the website is block by Maxis ISP. we try to use Unifi can access. But Maxis cannot. The website is not good to put here, because it is related to 18SX. And others.

p/s: Why Unifi can access but Maxis Fiber cannot? Because they charge expensive? and you charge cheaper a bit compare to them?

Issue 5
Why don't direct provide public IP to user, it take time to convert from private to public IP. for those who want to use DDNS service to set their CCTV, Alarm and so on.

Hope Maxis can give a good feedback to us. !!!!!

homefiber
Level 1
Posted: 26 Jan, 2013 :  1:47:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hearyho

Since day one I switch from TM Unifi to Maxis Fiber, following is the problem I found out. I believe a lot of Maxis User facing the same problem here. Hope we can gather and force Maxis give a good feedback to us.

Issue 1
The router modem TG784n v3 provide by Maxis is very bad. This router always get hang and need to reset again (inconvenience for someone who don't have good IT knowledge). It make a lot of people thinking to change their own wireless router.

p/s: If Maxis don't have money to provide customer a good router. Please don't do ISP business. Because you are wasting people time who convert from Unifi to Maxis Fiber and facing a lot issue.

Issue 2
Because of the Alcatel Modem is lock by TM, we cannot do any setting to it. Make the people who think to change their own router facing a lot of problem.

Yes, we can buy another router and flash it by using DD-WRT or Open-WRT firmware and connect Maxis to own router. By using this method the VOIP cannot use it. Why Maxis don't request TM set the VOIP setting directly into the Alcatel Modem. Or directly provide a VOIP phone which pre-configuration the SIP setting and we just attach to the Network.

p/s: This is very unfair to force customer can only use Maxis Router. If the equipment provide by maxis is good, we are very happy to use it and no need to waste money buy another router. But the thing is very [censored]. Make most of the user thinking to change it. The most funny is the Maxis Customer Service say not suggest user to change the TG784n to others because it will not stable to the connection.. Haha~ what the stupid feedback? Is because the thing you provide is [censored], so a lot user think to change.

Please don't reply say the TG784n no problem, in my second location which connect the Maxis fiber service direct from Alcatel modem to my firewall dial-up. Until now don't have any problem or hang and never try to restart my device once.

Issue 3
Connection very slow to some of the China website, last time before I terminate my Unifi. I try it by using two different ISP connection (TM & Maxis). The Unifi only 5Mbps but the response is faster than Maxis 30Mbps. Call to complain few time only get access to the website. What mean of 30Mbps use for? Just fast downloading? If user who need fast access to website and do information research?

p/s: Myself always doing online research and survey. I though change to 30Mbps will save more time to load the information page from China and Taiwan. But sometime it make me spend more time. Time is gold, WTF we spend more money get 30Mbps but take more time to work??

Issue 4
Some of the website is block by Maxis ISP. we try to use Unifi can access. But Maxis cannot. The website is not good to put here, because it is related to 18SX. And others.

p/s: Why Unifi can access but Maxis Fiber cannot? Because they charge expensive? and you charge cheaper a bit compare to them?

Issue 5
Why don't direct provide public IP to user, it take time to convert from private to public IP. for those who want to use DDNS service to set their CCTV, Alarm and so on.

all the complaint can be except but all the thing happen with 1 reason.maxis is still new in fiber compare with TM.even UNIFI take a year t be stabil.why make a huge complaint to Maxis but a little complaint at UNIFI?i am the first batch user for UNIFI and on first i got a lot of problem with it because its really not stabil.and now the same thing happend with Maxis.still new and not realy stbil that why its having a lot of problem.dont compare some thing new with something old.its not fair.for just give a time to Maxis be stabil as UNIFI then we can compare its

-
Fendy
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 26 Jan, 2013 :  3:49:55 PM

Hi hearyho,

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Rest assured, we are looking into the highlighted issues and will revert accordinglyâ??.

Thank you.

A.S. Tan
Level 0
Posted: 27 Jan, 2013 :  12:37:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fendy

Hi hearyho,

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Rest assured, we are looking into the highlighted issues and will revert accordingly�??.

Thank you.

Maxis will revert with "nonsense" answer? Last time I've issue resolving domain name using Maxis FTTH after online for few hours, Maxis CS only advised me to off and on the router and TM FTU. At last I solved the issue by changing hard coded configuration of the useless router!

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 28 Jan, 2013 :  4:27:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A.S. Tan

quote:
Originally posted by Fendy

Hi hearyho,

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Rest assured, we are looking into the highlighted issues and will revert accordingly�??.

Thank you.

Maxis will revert with "nonsense" answer? Last time I've issue resolving domain name using Maxis FTTH after online for few hours, Maxis CS only advised me to off and on the router and TM FTU. At last I solved the issue by changing hard coded configuration of the useless router!

Hi A.S. Tan

Are you still facing issues with your Home Fibre account? Do advice is you still are.

Thank you

Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
Subben
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 28 Jan, 2013 :  5:11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by homefiber

quote:
Originally posted by hearyho

Issue 1

Issue 2

Issue 3

Issue 4

Issue 5

all the complaint can be except but all the thing happen with 1 reason.maxis is still new in fiber compare with TM.even UNIFI take a year t be stabil.why make a huge complaint to Maxis but a little complaint at UNIFI?i am the first batch user for UNIFI and on first i got a lot of problem with it because its really not stabil.and now the same thing happend with Maxis.still new and not realy stbil that why its having a lot of problem.dont compare some thing new with something old.its not fair.for just give a time to Maxis be stabil as UNIFI then we can compare its

Hi homefiber,

It was a pleasure talking to you.Feel free to drop us a post for any other enquiries regarding your service.

Thank you

narf03
Level 0
Posted: 13 Jun, 2013 :  12:07:56 AM

Hi hearyho,

Did you able to use DDWRT to connect to Maxis Fiber ? if yes, please do share how do you do it.

To maxis tech support,

The router supplied by maxis is POS. Slow start up, always reset when too many connections made(p2p), cannot port forward, time to time disconnection and need to login to click disconnect and connect.

I have been looking for alternative to replace this POS(oh it means your router) for months, hoping somebody says they discovered replacement for it. If you know some third party firmware can make some common router works(like ddwrt or tomato), let us know.

Btw POS means Piece Of Sh..

Faiz Hisham
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 13 Jun, 2013 :  6:10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by narf03

Hi hearyho,

Did you able to use DDWRT to connect to Maxis Fiber ? if yes, please do share how do you do it.

To maxis tech support,

The router supplied by maxis is POS. Slow start up, always reset when too many connections made(p2p), cannot port forward, time to time disconnection and need to login to click disconnect and connect.

I have been looking for alternative to replace this POS(oh it means your router) for months, hoping somebody says they discovered replacement for it. If you know some third party firmware can make some common router works(like ddwrt or tomato), let us know.

Btw POS means Piece Of Sh..

Hi Narf03,

Kindly be informed, Home Fiber user are not advisable to flash their router with a third party firmware because it can cause a permanent damage to your router and it not cover under warranty. Please provide us with a convenient date and time to contact you in order to assist you further.

Thank you

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.