Firdaus Merican (6105)
Elle (5868)

Maxis Forum Home > Wireless Broadband > Prepaid Broadband

Topic: WBB prepaid disconnect when idle

Back to Topic List

JayCrys
Level 0
Posted: 08 Feb, 2013 :  08:24:38 AM

I installed the sim into my iPad 4. Before using it, I need to open the browser first to activate. This url http://www.hotlink.com.my/web/portal/broadband/
Then when the iPad idle for a few minutes, it will be disconnected and I need restart again, by opening browser and go to that web page again. Why? I know the advantage of this will saved a lot of bandwidth when going idle. But if there is an option to keep the connection, would be good too. Coz I need it too keep my iPad connected to the internet 24/7.

Thanks in advance

Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 09 Feb, 2013 :  10:58:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JayCrys

I installed the sim into my iPad 4. Before using it, I need to open the browser first to activate. This url http://www.hotlink.com.my/web/portal/broadband/
Then when the iPad idle for a few minutes, it will be disconnected and I need restart again, by opening browser and go to that web page again. Why? I know the advantage of this will saved a lot of bandwidth when going idle. But if there is an option to keep the connection, would be good too. Coz I need it too keep my iPad connected to the internet 24/7.

Thanks in advance

Hi JayCrys

We regret to inform you that it has been preset in such a manner, and you will not be able to make any changes to the settings

Thank you

Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network

Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.