Search Discussions
 
more options

Maxis Forum Login
 
Email address
Password
Forgot your Password?

New User?
Don't have a Maxis Forum Account yet?
Sign up now to login.

Hot Topics
   
21/04/2014 Customer Service : Youth Club plan change to other hotlink ...
21/04/2014 Network - Coverage&Outage : Slow network at BP
21/04/2014 Customer Service : pls stop botsmax
   

Top Users
   
Norafizah (7669)
Chandru (7049)
Ashley (7019)
Zatul Ifa (5640)
Firdaus Merican (5320)
Elle (5168)
Zairie (5060)
Tharsani (4980)
M.Avis (4895)
Emmi (4894)
   

Maxis Forum Home > Wireless Broadband > Monthly Broadband
 
Topic: DNS lookup failed
 
Back to Topic List
         
 
  First Prev 1 23Next Last
 
enrell
Level 0
Posted: 08 Feb, 2013 :  11:14:08 PM
 
everytime i login to the internet, i have this problem

"***can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network"

why is it so?
 
Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 09 Feb, 2013 :  4:01:45 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by enrell

everytime i login to the internet, i have this problem

"***can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network"

why is it so?


Hi enrell,


Kindly provide us with your 20 Digit SIM Card number or your account number for us to check further on this.


Thank you

 
Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
enrell
Level 0
Posted: 09 Feb, 2013 :  5:28:48 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

quote:
Originally posted by enrell

everytime i login to the internet, i have this problem

"***can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network"

why is it so?


Hi enrell,


Kindly provide us with your 20 Digit SIM Card number or your account number for us to check further on this.


Thank you





8960 0111 1089 6390 8211
 
Emmi
Maxis Helper
Level 2
Posted: 15 Feb, 2013 :  5:01:37 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by enrell

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

quote:
Originally posted by enrell

everytime i login to the internet, i have this problem

"***can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network"

why is it so?


Hi enrell,


Kindly provide us with your 20 Digit SIM Card number or your account number for us to check further on this.


Thank you





8960 0111 1089 6390 8211



Hi enrell,

Kindly provide us the website that you are trying to access.

Thank you
 
Emmi
enrell
Level 0
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  10:57:43 AM
 
all websites

anyways, can i increase my quota from 48 to maybe 60?

currently, i have paid around rm70 just to get the 3-4gig quota topup. its simply not worth it and reasonable. rm70 is abt half of my monthly payment. i could have just open another account instead..

i believe you guys can 'customise' the package as users are able to topup beyong their subscribed package..
 
Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  11:07:09 AM
 
quote:
Originally posted by enrell

all websites

anyways, can i increase my quota from 48 to maybe 60?

currently, i have paid around rm70 just to get the 3-4gig quota topup. its simply not worth it and reasonable. rm70 is abt half of my monthly payment. i could have just open another account instead..

i believe you guys can 'customise' the package as users are able to topup beyong their subscribed package..


Hi enrell,


You may upgrade your package via mylaunchpad.com.my . Are you still unable to browse any websites at the moment?


Thank you

 
Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
enrell
Level 0
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  11:33:20 AM
 
i able to browse websites now, but sometimes it happens..

anyways not a big issue atm, i know what causing the DNS problem.

my current issue is that quota. im already at the maximum 48gig package.

you guys have anything higher than 48gig?
 
Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  12:43:05 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by enrell

i able to browse websites now, but sometimes it happens..

anyways not a big issue atm, i know what causing the DNS problem.

my current issue is that quota. im already at the maximum 48gig package.

you guys have anything higher than 48gig?


Hi enrell,


Please be informed that we do not have anything higher than 48GB. You may refer to http://www.maxis.com.my/home/broadband/tss/index.asp for further information.


Thank you

 
Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
enrell
Level 0
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  1:07:40 PM
 
hi ashley

if i open another account 8gig, do i need to pay the deposit ontop of the activation fee of $150?
 
Ashley
Maxis Helper
Level 3
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  1:27:59 PM
 
quote:
Originally posted by enrell

hi ashley

if i open another account 8gig, do i need to pay the deposit ontop of the activation fee of $150?


Hi enrell,


Yes the activation fee is still applicable.


Thank you

 
Maxis - Malaysia's Best Data Network
enrell
Level 0
Posted: 17 Feb, 2013 :  1:53:16 PM
 
the deposit, not the activation fee :)
 
 
  First Prev 1 23Next Last
 
 
Best viewed with Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8 and above.
Copyright © 2013 Maxis Bhd [867573-A]. All rights reserved.